San Rafael Swell Country - Emery County, Utah

San Rafael Swell Summerville Photos

The Summerville mining district was established in 1883 where a few small veins carrying gold, silver, copper, and lead occurred.  Between 1900 to 1920 the mine site continued to have much activity but only limited lead, zinc, and silver production.  In 1967 Summerville was abandoned, and its workers moved on.  The town of Summerville was originally a tent town scattered over a wide area.  There were very few stone buildings and one small stone store.  There is no record of when the town first came into existence but by 1899 supposedly it had a population of more than 500 people.

geologicstructurebysummerville_small.jpg hilldugout_small.jpg minedugout_small.jpg partiallycollapsedfoundation_small.jpg
smallrockstructureabovesummervillestorebakery_small.jpg stonefoundationforastructure_small.jpg summervillemineshaft_small.jpg summervilleminestructure_small.jpg
summervilleminetunnel_small.jpg summervilleminetunnel2_small.jpg summervilleminetunnel3_small.jpg summervilleminetunnels_small.jpg
summervillesaloon_small.jpg summervillesaloon2_small.jpg summervillestoreorbakery_small.jpg summervillestoreorbakery2_small.jpg
summervillestorebakery_small.jpg tailingspiles_small.jpg

Photo album created with Web Album Generator

site map